Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Lamentations 3:17-26


I have forgotten what happiness is;

I tell myself my future is lost,
all that I hoped for from the Lord.

The thought of my homeless poverty 
is wormwood and gall;

Remembering it over and over
leaves my soul downcast within me.

But I will call this to mind,
as my reason to have hope:

The favors of the Lord are not exhausted,
his mercies are not spent;

They are renewed each morning,
so great is his faithfulness.

My portion is the Lord says my soul;
therefore I will hope in Him.

Good is the Lord to one who waits for Him,
to the soul that seeks Him;

It is good to hope in silence
for the saving help of the Lord."


2 comments:

  1. I was listening to Erik Whitaker's "When David Heard" and thinking about you. I wish I could have seen you at my parents' house the other week. Aure entuluva.

    ReplyDelete