Pages

Saturday, July 21, 2012

When the Husband Goes Shopping

The husband, being the extremely caring and helpful guy that he is, often volunteers to run to the store to "pick up a few things" if I don't feel particularly excited about doing it myself.  Unfortunately, when that happens I forfeit all right to police what food items are actually introduced into the home environment.  A few days ago, I walked into the kitchen and discovered a contraband variety of cereal which would never have ventured into my shopping cart sitting brazenly on my countertop.

Now, there is apparently a blog post pending about some of the problems created by the the culture of extended adolescence our country enjoys.  Krave cereal is something I would have grouped under that same heading.  It actually wasn't very surprising, as we had seen those vaguely disturbing commercials quite recently.  I'll admit I tried a bowl or two, but I didn't find it all that spectacular.  However, the husband likes it, and I suppose we must all have our vices.  Truth be told, I'm glad he hasn't completely lost touch with his inner child.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, I totally am with you on that!! My sweet hubby never comes home with just the stuff on the list! Just last week he brought home a shopping bag full of candy. -It was on sale!!! I said, "Oh great! I can have bigger hips at half the price!! Or should I let it all go to WAIST!!" All in good fun of course. He is so sweet, he knows I love a good Kit-Kat bar! (and so do my hips)

    Thanks for linking-up! You have both have a great blog!! God bless!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My husband is always bringing me chocolate, too. It's so cute.

      Delete