Pages

Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Money and Medicine

I'm watching Netflix again.  At 2:30 in the morning, I'm too tired to do much else.

Today's recommendation, "Money and Medicine" by Roger Weisberg.  More interestingly to me, they didn't talk about the cost of heathcare so much as the much pooh-poohed risks and side-effects of unnecessary treatment.  It's a worse problem than I thought.

Because of my bicornuate uterus, it has been medically recommended that I get a CT scan to investigate whether or not I was born with only one kidney.  The impetus behind this recommendation seems to be no more serious than curiosity and general information, and after hearing what sort of radiation punch those machines are packing, I think I'll pass.  My kidney(s?) has never bothered me in the past, so I really don't see the urgency.

No comments:

Post a Comment