Pages

Saturday, May 4, 2013

Decoration Renovation - Flower Vases

We have a side table sorely in need of a few accent pieces.  So, here's where we start.


I found the tall glass vase/carafe at the thrift store.  The other one was sitting around already being generally useless.  I don't remember how much I paid for it, but it dates from back in the penniless days so it's can't have been much.  The rest of the supplies were acquired at my workplace, Joann Fabric and Crafts.  The fabric paint, brush, and adhesive stencils were leftover from previous projects, and all this is laid out on my "craft mat," a repurposed swatch of discontinued upholstery vinyl.

The supplies:
  • thrifted glass carafe, $0.90
  • inexpensive glass vase, preexisting
  • 1 pound skein of jute twine, $5.00
  • 1 yard of woven brown ribbon, $3.00
  • 6 long-stemmed burlap roses, $30.00
  • 5 small burlap roses, $20.00
  • adhesive stencils, preexisting
  • black fabric paint, preexisting
  • paint brush, preexisting
  • 1 discontinued swatch of upholstery vinyl, $2.00
  • 1 bottle of glue, $7.50.
  • 1 bag brown excelsior, $3.00
Retail cost:  $71.40

You know I didn't pay full price for any of this stuff.  Fortunately I clip coupons and can combine my employee discount to sale prices.

Total cost to me:  $38.05


No comments:

Post a Comment