Pages

Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Awkward Conversations

So, I'm out buying groceries, and I grab a box of pregnancy tests while I'm there because I'd just rather not bother later.  Of course, these always spark some awkward conversation at checkout from female employees because they're always in a theft-proof box and need special attention.

This conversation went on way too long.  I managed to play along without telling her my whole sordid story, because I don't want to be that person.  Did I think I was expecting?  Did I want to be expecting?  If I was expecting, did I want a boy or a girl?  Did I want to find out early or be surprised?  Blah, blah, blah.

In the end, she says, "Well, if you are expecting, I want it to be a girl, and I want you to name her Christine."


God?  Is this a sign?  I was kind of partial to Johanna, but I'm not immovable on the subject.  It's actually a little creepy, because I'm told that up until the last minute I was supposed to be named Christine.  We'll see if we get any more random suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment